A real walking path in the heart of the Grand Erg among the dunes. Here the desert is presented in a very beautiful appearance, everything made of curves and sand dunes, to delight the eye and the mind. In the northern part of the Great Eastern Erg, days spent on the road following the slow steps of camels and special nights around the bonfires...a great experience. A desert guide, camel drivers, and a cook will accompany you on this journey in the desert. It is a unique experience that will be engraved in your memory forever.
Entrance Fees To Tourist Places
Jeeps For Luggage Between Camps
Day 1: Airport - Tunis - Sousse
• Arrival at the airport, transfer to the hotel, dinner and accommodation at LTI Bellevue Park.port el kantaoui sousse or similar.
The second day: Sous - El Jem - Matata - Douz
After breakfast, departure to Jem, visit the Roman amphitheater, best preserve in Africa, continue to Matmata, lunch and continue to the door of the desert of Douz, dinner and accommodation at the Sahara Douz hotel or something similar.
Day 3: Douz - Bir Abd Allah (full desert)
After breakfast, we leave our bags in the hotel locker and only carry a backpack with special desert clothes (tennis, cold clothes, towels...) and transfer in 4x4 vehicles to the heart of the Erg Al Sharqiah desert. After the first stage, we camp in the dunes.
Day 3 to Day 6: Cross Grand Arge Oriental (3 days)
• After breakfast, the Erg Oriental Trek begins in complete serenity, as it crosses majestic sand dunes and the caravan continues forward following the slow steps of camels. .
• Cross the desert and cross the beautiful giant sand dunes to Tembaïne, a mountain in the middle of the desert that looks like an island lost in an endless sea of sand
• We reach Huidhat Erreched Lake, a natural resource that harbors some waterfowl.
• Lunch on the way consisting of mixed salad, sand biscuits, tea, dates and an orange.
• You can gladly participate in the preparation of dinner with the chefs who serve us different delicious meals from the typical gastronomy of
Desert nomads like berber couscous and wheat soup.
• Wonderful nights under the stars around the after-dinner bonfires that are animated by desert companions with their folk songs and Bedouin music that stems from a rich and diverse Bedouin culture.
Sixth day: Tempeine Douz Tozeur
After breakfast, departure by 4*4 to Douz, lunch and continue to Tozeur via Chott El Djerid salt lake, arrival in Tozeur, visit to Medina, dinner and overnight at Golden Yasmine Ras Al Ain Hotel.
Seventh day: Tozeur - Chebeka - Tamerza
After breakfast, departure to the mountain oases of Shabeka and Tamerza, filming locations (Jesus of Nazareth, English patient...) Lunch and back to Ras Al Ain Golden Hotel.
Day 8: Tozeur - Kairouan - Tunisia
Breakfast and departure to Kairouan, visit the Great Mosque, the tomb of the barber, continue to the capital Tunis, dinner, and stay at the El Mouradi Gammarth Hotel.
Day 09 - Transfer
Breakfast and transfer to the airport.
Check-out date: every week
Time of the year: from October to April
Duration: Days 08/09 Nights
Genre: A true trek in the heart of Gan Erg Oriental to Mount Tembaïne
Difficulty: 5/6 hours of walking per day
Transfer in / hotel / out.
Airport / Hotel / Airport
Airport assistance upon arrival and departure
Five nights in the barracks in the middle of the desert with breakfast, lunch and dinner in the desert
Excursions and visits referred to in the program.
Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle.
Camels for riding and others for luggage
• camels for riding and others for luggage
Camels for riding and others for luggage.
Guide accompanying throughout the tour
• Meals and water for the days of the trip in the desert.
• Pool, mattresses, blankets...
The price does not include:
Drinks in hotels and restaurants
Additional charge for dinner on December 24 and 31 (cost depends on hotel).
Single room extension (in the hotel only)
• The order of visits can be modified for external reasons, always respecting the programme.
• Dinner on the day of arrival as well as breakfast on the day of departure always depends on flight times.
Recommended clothing and materials
It is advisable to bring appropriate clothing for this type of desert excursion such as hiking boots, a rain jacket, a jacket, and a coat for cool nights in the desert.
Cover, personal first aid kit, mosquito repellent, flashlight, wipes.
A real journey into the heart of the Erg Oriental
Passage to the source of the hot water, Lake Hawdah and Mount Tempin.
Professional camel drivers with long experience in the desert
Healthy, delicious and plentiful food
Clean sleeping materials (mattresses, blankets, sheets...)
Receive a full refund for cancellations done 7 days before the experience date
No refunds within 7 days of the experience date
Your experience can be canceled and fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase
All bookings made less than 24 hours from the starting time are final and non-refundable